Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[solved] error 'global name startTime is not defined'

edited November 2014 in OpenSesame

Hi, this error shows every time i'm trying to run my experiment in opensesame.
the block is- media_player_vlc ->sketchpad-> keyboard response, and the video's aren't presented.

what is this parameter "startTime" and what can i do?

Thanks!
Noam

Comments

• edited 7:34PM

Hi Noam,

I'm assuming that you were planning to post the actual error message? ;)

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

It may be more helpful if you could post the python debug console code

Where/how do I copy it?

Hi Noam,

If you click on the lady-bug icon, you will open a Python console, which is called the 'debug window'. All error messages are visible there, including additional information that is helpful for debugging your experiment.

See:

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

Hi sebastiaan

I have the same error when I use VLC plug-in
    any ideas ? Thanks in advance..

"Unexpected error
    line: 398
    exception message: global name 'startTime' is not defined
    exception type: NameError

Traceback (also in debug window):
    File "dist\libqtopensesame\misc\process.py", line 139, in run
    File "dist\libopensesame\experiment.py", line 344, in run
    File "dist\libopensesame\sequence.py", line 47, in run
    File "dist\libopensesame\loop.py", line 138, in run
    File "dist\libopensesame\sequence.py", line 47, in run
    File "C:\Program Files\OpenSesame\plugins\media_player_vlc\media_player_vlc.py", line 398, in run
    NameError: global name 'startTime' is not defined
    "

• edited November 2014

Hi,

This sounds like there is a bug in media_player_vlc. py. Try to exchange the old meda_player_vlc.py by this one: http://www.filedropper.com/mediaplayervlc .

The location of this file you can obtain from your error message (according to your post, it should be in "C:\Program Files\OpenSesame\plugins\media_player_vlc\")

I found there some bugs and removed them. However, since it wasn't me who wrote the original file, it is quite hard to make sure not to have changed anything important. So, before you run your experiment, I strongly recommend that you check that your data make sense and nothing weird happens.

Good luck,

Eduard

Hi Eduard

After having the problem, I started using the gstreamer plugin and the experiment works fine now. Today I have tried the new version of the vlc plugin as you suggested and it seems like everything is Ok so far. Thanks a lot,

Cumhur