Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[open] Problems Recording Participant Voices

KJOKJO
edited November 2014 in OpenSesame

Hi, so I'm currently running an experiment on OpenSesame 2.83 (through the WinPython package for the SR eyetracker). I have 30 trials and during each trial I am recording participant's vocal responses to a question. Some participant data is fine and the recordings run smoothly. Other times the recording either doesn't work or ends up being only 2s long in a high pitched squeaky voice.

I've tried a few different things but can't seem to figure out why it works on some occasions but not on others. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

KJ

Comments

• edited 7:18PM

Hi KJ,

How are you recording sound? Do you use the soundrecorder plug-ins? Or do you use a custom Python script (and, if so, what's the script)?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• KJOKJO
    edited 7:18PM

Hi,

So I've been using the the plug-ins.
    I have been using 2 separate lists of trials i.e. two OpenSesame experiments which I alternate across participants. I'm having the problem with both lists. At first I thought it may have been a problem with the microphone that I was using - so I started recording using a mic on webcam instead, but the problem persists.

The frustrating part is that it works for some participants and not for others - making it slightly harder to identify where the problem is...

Thanks,

KJ