Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[open] custom forms timeout

edited November 2014 in OpenSesame

Hi,
I creating a custom form for a rating task - people see words and need to rate them for usefulness in a 5 point scale. If they do not respond within 5 seconds, it should go to the next item. Somehow, I could not find a way to set a timeout in a form. Any ideas?

Something else, something very silly. How do I change the font and size in a text widget?

Thank you!

Comments

• edited 7:42PM

Somehow, I could not find a way to set a timeout in a form. Any ideas?

Timeouts are currently not supported in forms. A feature request has been filed (#142), but that's only the future for now. So, basically, if you really need to have a timeout, you will need to implement your form in some different way, for example by presenting a sketchpad and recording the response using a mouse_response item. That's far less convenient than using a form, though.

How do I change the font and size in a text widget?

Forms inherit the font properties of the experiment. So if you change the font size or family in the general tab of your experiment, the forms will change along with it.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot