Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

OpenSesame 3.0.0 Interactive Ising released

edited October 2015 in OpenSesame

I'm happy and excited to announce the release of OpenSesame 3.0.0 Interactive Ising! This is a major release that brings a lot of new functionality and improvements.

You can download OpenSesame from here:

[youtube:eiGXe-t-C28]

You can find a list of the most important changes here ...

... but here are some highlights:

A simplified Python API

For those who use Python scripting, there is a new Python API, which is much cleaner and simpler than the old one. For example, if you want to set an experimental variable, you can simply do:

var.my_var = 'some value'

This is much cleaner than the exp.set('my_var', 'some_value') syntax that you needed to use before. Also, many commonly used functions are now available without needing to import anything, or referring to exp or self. For example, to create and show a canvas, you can simply do:

c = canvas()
c.fixdot()
c.show()

A live-updating variable inspector

The variable inspector, which provides a list of experimental variables, now updates while the experiment is running!

An IPython debug window

The debug window is now an IPython interpreter. IPython is an advanced interactive Python terminal.

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
cogsci.nl/smathot

This discussion has been closed.