Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

'Pygaze_trackertest' doesn't work correctly.

rrrrrr
edited October 2015 in PyGaze

Hello,

I get errors of pygaze (0.6.0) in MacOS using Eyelink1000plus.
When I started 'Pygaze_trackertest.py' of the examples, it caused two errors.

[Calibration and Validation errors]

As I did the calibration and validation, it started but didn't presented a black fixation at the displayPC. The monitor of displayPC kept a gray blank and I was not able to see the black fixation, while the hostPC showed the screens of calibration and validation correctly (actually record the eye movements).

WARNING: screen.Screen: could not find font '/Users/Desktop/PyGaze-prerelease-0.6.0a1/examples/pygaze_trackertest/fonts/mono.ttf'; using default instead

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygaze/_eyetracker/eyelinkgraphics.py", line 246, in draw_cal_target
    self.play_beep(pylink.CAL_TARG_BEEP)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygaze/_eyetracker/eyelinkgraphics.py", line 264, in play_beep
    if EYELINKCALBEEP:
NameError: global name 'EYELINKCALBEEP' is not defined

[Can't end the file]

I was not able to end. When I pressed 'esc' and 'y' to end, it froze. I had to do the forced termination.

What is cause?

Best,

Comments

• rrrrrr
    edited 1:42AM

Hello,

I encountered new errors.
    I updated the pygaze version from 0.6.01a to 0.6.04a, and run new 'Pygaze_trackertest.py' of the examples. It showed errors as below.

Python 2.7.10 (default, Aug 26 2015, 18:15:57) 
    [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 5.1 (clang-503.0.40)] on darwin
    Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.
    >>> ================================ RESTART ================================
    >>> 
    WARNING: screen.Screen: could not find font '/Users/ryotachibana/Desktop/PyGaze-prerelease-0.6.0a4/examples/pygaze_trackertest/fonts/mono.ttf'; using default instead
    WARNING: screen.Screen: could not find font '/Users/ryotachibana/Desktop/PyGaze-prerelease-0.6.0a4/examples/pygaze_trackertest/fonts/mono.ttf'; using default instead
    Recording would have stopped at: 53358.0791016
    Drift correction would now take place

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Users/ryotachibana/Desktop/PyGaze-prerelease-0.6.0a4/examples/pygaze_trackertest/PyGaze_trackertest.py", line 131, in <module>
        tracker.drift_correction()
      File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygaze/_eyetracker/libdummytracker.py", line 103, in drift_correction
        self.draw_drift_correction_target(pos[0], pos[1])
      File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygaze/_eyetracker/libdummytracker.py", line 401, in draw_drift_correction_target
        self.screen.draw_fixation(fixtype='dot', colour=FGC, pos=(x,y), pw=0, \
    NameError: global name 'FGC' is not defined
    >>> ================================ RESTART ================================
    >>> 

My Eyelink didn't work when I run it, while this program worked half way.
    It froze when I tried to start the drift correct according to the instructions.

Best,