Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Adding additional columns to the Eye Tribe log?

Hi, i'm currently using Open Sesame with the Eye Tribe for a experiment. My problem is that the Eye Tribe log only displays the info extracted from the variables as messages at the end of each trial.
Since in this experiment has three similar parts and each individual trial has many divisions the task of organizing them for each part with it's corresponding data is quite long for subject.

My question is: Is there any possible way to log additional columns containing information extracted from especified variables?

Comments

• Hi,

Yes, you can log anything you want manually, with the exp.pygaze_eyetracker.log() command.

Cheers,

Josh

• Hi, i tested this using an inline script but i only get what i logged as a message in one line. What i ask for is a way to log additional variables in new columns. For example, i have the rawx, rawy, psize columns among other variables, and these refresh in each frame. I ask if there is any possible way to add another columns that would report a variable of OpenSesame like, for example, background color, and have these self-report in each frame just like the native variables reported in the Eye Tribe log?

• Nobody? As i'm not a native english speaker, maybe my issue isn't clear enough. What other solutions could i use?

• Hi,

If you want to log variables, you can indeed to what Josh suggested. However, you have to use a specific format so that PyGaze recognizes the log message as a variable.

exp.pygaze_eyetracker.log("!V TRIAL_VAR <var_name> %s" % <var_value>)

Is this what you meant?

Ps. I'm not sure whether this code also works for eyetribe, I only tested it for Eyelink eyetrackers.

Eduard