Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Setting screen size and resolution in open sesame for eye tracking experiment.

Hi all,
1. I am using windows surface tablet to run an eye tracking experiment in open sesame. I will be using the eye tribe eye tracker. My experiment is running good but I am getting the screen size and resolution different from what is of surface tablet in the pygaze log file. I wish to change the values either custom or the code to detect it automatically. Hope I am clear with the question.
2. Also, I am unable to understand the timestamp stored in pygaze as the values is very much different from open sesame log file. Can anybody suggest a way to relate the timestamp of pygaze and open sesame.

Comments

• Hello again,
    Can anyone kindly suggest how to change the screen resolution and screen size in the open sesame script for the eye tribe eye tracker? The actual screen resolution is 27361824 but in Open Sesame it is having 1368912. Also the display size in pygaze is showing different from the surface display size, I would like to change this also.

• Hi,

In the first item in the overview area, there is a field resolution, there you can change the window resolution of your experiment.

1. Also, I am unable to understand the timestamp stored in pygaze as the values is very much different from open sesame log file

That is probably because, each of them uses a different internal clock. That is, the start time for each program is a different one, the relation of each timepoint to its reference should be the same though. If you want to compare times of one file to the other, you need to align them. Does this make sense?

Eduard

• Hi Eduard,

Thanks for the response. I am aware of the resolution setting in the first item, but the problem is my systems actual resolution is 2736 * 1824 but Open Sesame is suggesting me to go with 1368 * 912. Also,
    I want to change the screen dimension set in Pygaze because it is used to calculate the degree in error and accuracy. So, I wanted to know how can I set screen dimension( screen size in cm) through script in Open Sesame.

I have been able to solve the second issue with the same solution you suggested.