Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Test OpenSesame 3.1.3 with massive performance improvements!

edited October 2016 in OpenSesame

OpenSesame 3.1.3 will be the third maintenance release in the 3.1 series. It contains many bugfixes (release notes will follow; for now you can take a look at the GitHub commit history) and large performance improvements. These performance improvements are especially noticeable on slower systems (obviously) and when working with large experiments. In some cases, such as when opening a large experiment, a 50- to 100-fold speedup should occur.

Because these performance improvements required substantial changes, we want to make sure that there are no regressions (i.e. no newly introduced bugs)--so we require your testing! I do feel comfortable saying that the latest prerelease (>= 3.1.3a8) is pretty much ready for general consumption. I do feel (moderately ;) ) comfortable saying that the latest prerelease (>= 3.1.3a9) is pretty much ready for general consumption.

Windows

You can download the latest prereleases for Windows from here:

Ubuntu 16.04 and 16.10

For Ubuntu 16.04 and 16.10, you can use the opensesame-james ppa:

Other

On other systems, you can get the latest packages through PyPi (i.e. pip install).

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
cogsci.nl/smathot

Comments

• that's marvelous! thank you so much :) does it allow to record sounds? also ... I have asked somewhere else, but is there an easy way to select randomized lists for Latin Square design by calling a variable within the dataframe of stimuli? Experiment Builder (from SR) allows this for example.
    thanks again!

• Hi Moreno,

These maintenance release, which increase only the last number of the version (3.1.2 → 3.1.3), don't have any new functionality. So no, sound recording still requires either plugins or a script, just like before.

Regarding your other question: That's for a separate discussion; if you've already opened a discussion, let's see if we can resolve it there. Please provide sufficient detail though!

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

This discussion has been closed.