Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[open] Questionnaire

edited November 2012 in OpenSesame

Greetings.
I'm designing an experiment, which contains questionnaires at the end. Is there a way, using in-line scripting perhaps, that I can keep the scale criteria on-screen throughout the whole questionnaire session?

I wish to display this above both multiple choice and/or rating items:

"-4 (strongly disagree)......................................................4 (strongly agree)"

Best regards,
Jákup

Comments

• edited 7:53AM

Hi Jákub,

With the questionnaire plugins this is not easy to do. However, as of 0.27 there is form functionality, which provides you with much more flexibility. Among other things, you can design your own forms containing various elements. Forms essentially offer the same functionality as the questionnaire plug-ins, but are more flexible and integrate fully with OpenSesame.

So I would start off by browsing the form documentation, and let us know if you have any questions.

To use forms, download the latest 0.27 pre-release:

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

Yeah, I've been playing around with the forms a bit, and really like the way this is heading :)

So there's no "from openexp.canvas import canvas"-type of parallel function that would work for this in 0.26?

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,
    Jákup

The openexp.canvas is really only a static canvas, without any interactivity (so the inline_script equivalent of the sketchpad item, essentially). Of course, you can implement interactivity by using a combination of canvas, keyboard, and mouse objects, but you'll have to implement everything yourself (for example).

So the short answer is that it's possible in principle to implement forms yourself in 0.26, but it's so difficult that you'll probably be better off using the form functionality in the latest 0.27 pre-release (which, by now, is also more stable than 0.26 is).

Cheers!

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot