Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[solved] Timeout on text_input item

edited January 2012 in OpenSesame
Is it possible to set a timeout on a text_input item?

Thanks,
Jessica

Comments

• edited 9:44PM

No there isn't, I'm afraid. :O But it will be a trivial modification to the plug-in.

If it's important for your experiment, I can notify you here when I have updated the plug-in. You can then replace the plugins/text_input folder from your original installation with the plugins/text_input folder from the development snapshot.

I also opened a feature request: https://github.com/smathot/OpenSesame/issues/46

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

Thanks! It would be helpful to have. I need people to be able to type for a set amount of time as a distracter task. In the meantime, I can give them what I hope will be enough stimuli to get them working for about that amount of time.

Thank you so much for you your help.
    Jessica

I just committed a patch. Unless you want to switch entirely to the experimental branch of OpenSesame 0.25, it's probably easiest to replace only the plugins/text_input folder.

You can download the snapshot from GitHub (direct link).

Please check your experiment carefully first! I don't foresee any problems, but this hasn't really been tested.

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

Possible as of 0.25. Marking as solved.

cogsci.nl/smathot