Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[open] Moving stimuli (images) to new locations

edited December 2012 in OpenSesame

I'm trying to create an experiment to study production in OpenSesame. In a trial, a screen is displayed as follows: The screen will begin as a 5x5 grid containing 8 images, each with its own position in the grid. Then we hope to smoothly move one of the images to a new position on the grid (and have the participants describe this movement). I have created the grid and have all the images in their proper places but I have not yet been able to find a "move" function in OpenSesame or in any of the plugins? Is there one? Or a suggested method of creating/customizing one? Or am I off the grid?

Comments

• edited 12:54PM

Hi Caleb,

To create an animation, you will have to construct a slideshow of images in which you displace a stimulus with each frame. For example like so:

[pastebin:vL2wXzZJ]

I'm not sure what the best approach would be in your case, but in general animations are more convenient to implement with inline_scripts than with sketchpads, because you need many sketchpads for a long animation! Perhaps the code example above will get you started. If not, please explain in detail what you are trying to do, and we can see what the best approach would be.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot