Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Copy Paste to a loop very slow / Sequential

Hi,

When I try to copy / paste from either an Excel file or a UTF8 text file into a loop, opensesame hangs for quite some time. (I do it 50 per 50 items)
Is it normal ? Is there a trick to accelerate this ?

Best

Comments

• Hi Boris,

The loop table is indeed very slow, but a few performance improvements have already been released (but not packaged with OpenSesame yet). What you could do is the following:

First start OpenSesame (on Windows: as administrator and without opening a loop item). Then, in the debug window, type the following lines:

import pip
    pip.main(['install', 'python-datamatrix', '--upgrade'])
    pip.main(['install', 'fastnumbers'])

If everything goes well, you should see in the System Information that you now have datamatrix 0.3.7.

Does that improve performance for you?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastiaan,

Yes i can now see in System Information that i have datmatrix 0.3.7. But that does not improve performances...

Cheers,

Boris

• Hi Boris,

Let's try again.

import pip
    pip.main(['install', 'python-datamatrix', '--upgrade'])
    pip.main(['install', 'python-qdatamatrix', '--upgrade'])

You should end up with datamatrix 0.3.8 and qdatamatrix 0.1.12. For me, this massively improves performance during pasting, from perhaps a minute or two to a second or two (for a large table).

(I got an error message when upgrading, but the packages nevertheless upgraded. System Information will tell you which versions you have installed.)

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot