Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[wishlist] What would you like to see in OpenSesame?

1235»

Comments

• Hi! Really enjoy using it!

I wanted to suggest one improvement to the already amazing touch response:
    the ability to define margins. otherwise the calculations of the rows and columns start from the very edge.

Thanks for all your work!

• @labovich That's a good idea, actually.

Thanked by 1labovich

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Thanks! so I have a followup idea :) : adding grid lines to the sketchpad (invisible to subjects) marking the boarders of every 'zone', to ensure that stimuli in the different zones don't cross the zone's boarders.

• someone to answer problems on the help forum would be nice?

• I am deeply grateful for this software and for the countless hours of hard work that the developers put into it. However, I have lost dozens of paid participants to runtime errors involving Python repeatedly crashing, or IO errors involving supposedly missing files that I can see in the file pool. For example:

https://forum.cogsci.nl/discussion/4640/ioerror-picture-file-does-not-exist-but-it-does

I appreciate the effort of the moderators to help with the problems, but echoing @DanSolo, for me there are too many unpredictable crashes and not enough support to address them (which I understand--you have other things to do!). This is meant as purely constructive feedback. I am still a huge fan of the software and grateful to its creators and maintainers! It's just not working consistently for me (nor my collaborators using the same experiments). Perhaps we wouldn't have issues if we didn't use the Eye Tribe? I'm trying to switch to scripting the experiments myself in Python, as another experiment with scripts by @Edwin went smoothly (using the Eye Tribe and PyGaze).

Again, none of this is meant as blame or criticism--just feedback that might be useful as you think about where to take OpenSesame. Thanks again for the great software, even if it doesn't always work for me :)

• @DanSolo and @TomArmstrong There are indeed periods on the forum where we have a hard time keeping up. We're doing our best though!

@TomArmstrong I've been peripherally following your discussion about the IOError. It's very strange, and I've never seen it happen myself. But it's on the radar now!

Thanked by 1TomArmstrong

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• edited May 9

Hi @sebastiaan I think it would be great to be able to specify global lists of stimuli outside the block loop structures so that one could then be able to sample randomly from stimuli lists to present in each loop.

Also for eyetracking with video stimuli, it would be useful to be able to store the frame numbers to the eyetracking file, so that those are matched.

Thank you

Helio

• > @heliocuve I think it would be great to be able to specify global lists of stimuli outside the block loop structures so that one could then be able to sample randomly from stimuli lists to present in each loop.

This sounds like what E-Prime calls 'nested loops'. Is that what you're referring to? In most cases, you can accomplish the same thing more elegantly by using advanced loop operations, for example by shuffling one column randomly from the other. Is there a specific scenario in which this wouldn't get you what you want?

cogsci.nl/smathot