Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[open] placement of pauses

edited January 2013 in OpenSesame

In our current experiment we would like to insert pauses between individual blocks and we are unsure whether it makes a timing difference to put them as an extra sketchpad item between individual block sequence items as oppose to their placement at the beginning of each following sequence.

If placed at the beginning of a sequence does stimuli pre-loading start during the pause? That would obviously be an advantage.

Thanks for your help!
Christiane

Comments

• edited 8:43AM

Hi Christiane,

If placed at the beginning of a sequence does stimuli pre-loading start during the pause?

If I understand correctly, you want stimulus preloading for a trial to start while a pause sketchpad is shown between two blocks, is that correct? The short answer is no, this will not happen automatically. For example, if the pause sketchpad duration is set to 1000, the computer will simply sleep for 1000ms, and not prepare the following trial in the meanwhile (OpenSesame is not that clever, I'm afraid).

Is there any specific problem that you wish resolve? Is the inter-trial interval exceedingly long due to stimulus preloading? Of course, you can play around with timing and preloading using inline_scripts, although it's often not worth the trouble.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot