Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[open] Problem when changing font

edited February 2013 in OpenSesame

Hi,

I'm trying to use the "Courier" or Courier New" font in a sketchpad or in the general properties of the experiment. When I do, I get the following error when running my script:

KeyError: u'Courier'

Would someone have an idea of how I could change my font, please?

Best,

Comments

• edited 9:26AM

I tried with OS 0.27.1. It's not crashing but the display has problems... (the string displayed is not cleaned but noisy)

You are probably using the psycho back-end. This ignores the font settings in some cases, for reasons that I haven't completely figured out (it has to do with the font parameter to the TextStim object). One solution would be to use a different back-end, if this is possible.

I tried with OS 0.27.1. It's not crashing but the display has problems... (the string displayed is not cleaned but noisy)

Could you be a bit more specific, please? In what sense is the text "noisy"?

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

Thanks for your answer.
    I tried to replicate the problem on my home computer but everything was running well (backend psycho, font "Courier New"). I'll try again on Monday...

I also tried to run my experiment with xpyriment but OS crashes at the very beginning of the experiment...