Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Tobii Calibration

Hello,

I'm working on an eye-tracking study with infants and would like to tweak the tobii eye-tracking calibration protocol.

1) If possible, I would like to change the target dots to some kind of animated graphic with sound to attract attention
2) I would like the option to re-do calibration if it fails. As it currently stands, when calibration fails, it starts the experiment right away without collecting any eye-tracking data.

If anyone has any ideas for either of these questions, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
Annie

Comments

• 1) If possible, I would like to change the target dots to some kind of animated graphic with sound to attract attention

Check out this discussion. The first part should get you started with your childfriendly calibration targets.

2) I would like the option to re-do calibration if it fails. As it currently stands, when calibration fails, it starts the experiment right away without collecting any eye-tracking data.

I never worked with Tobii, but I am surprised that there is no menu or something similar that you enter after calibration. As a workaround, you could put the calibration in a loop-sequence structure, together with a response item, and repeat the loop until a certain key was pressed. So, set the repeat value of that loop to a super high value (>1000), and add to the break_if field, something like [response] == 'c', if c was the key to continue.

Does that help?

Eduard