Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[open] multiple choice questions

edited April 2013 in OpenSesame

I want to make a questionnaire which contains multiple choice questions. But I don’t get it done to refer to the loop when I want to define the different response options. I thought that I had to define these options through put [variable] into the ‘response options’, but it does not work. Does somebody know how to solve this?
Thanks!

Comments

• edited 9:30AM

The [variable_name] notation should work for the response options of the form_multiple_choice plug-in. Could you perhaps be more specific about what goes wrong? Do you get an error message, and, if so, what is it?

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

Indeed, I got an error message. This time the error message is different than before. Now Open Sesame says that the variable that I was looking does not exist, and that I may spell the name incorrectly. But I checked several times, but it is still not working :(.

The problem is probably that the variable is created only later on in the experiment, and does not yet exist when the form is prepared. This can be a bit tricky, because of the difference between the run and the prepare phase. This discussion might be of some use:

Cheers!