Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

rect objects appear with "notches" in corners

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a canvas objects with a few square outline (i.e. unfilled) boxes. Creating the boxes is no problem, but I notice that the corners aren't "sharp". They have little 90-degree notches in each corner, as in this example:

It's not so apparent when the box outline thickness is small, but I want to use some thicker-outlined boxes in my next experiment. Is there a simple way around this? Apologies if the answer to this question is already available--I searched the forum and couldn't find anyone else having this problem.

Thank you!
Jonathan

Comments

• Hi Jonathan,

Have you tried difference backends? I remember having had the same issue, but I don't remember what I did about it. Possible hacks, could be to use thin lines and drawing two squares, one white one, and one black one, slightly smaller on top, so that it looks like an unfilled one. Alternatively, you can try to write a function that draws 4 lines separately that will form a square, given the coordinates and its size.

Hope this helps.
    eduard

Thanked by 1jtpar