Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Possible bug on descriptive statistics plot (JASP 0.9.2)

edited July 2018 in JASP & BayesFactor

I have a file containing individual's heights. These individuals belong to two different groups (A and B ). When I enable Distribution plots using the split option (thus, creating two height distribution plots, one for group A and another for group B ), the result is the following:

Group A's plot renders the Y axis as "Density"
Group B's plot renders the Y axis as "Frequency"

Is this a bug?

Comments

• That's weird. Perhaps there is a missing value (not indicated in the missing values list) present in one of the groups? Do you have a screenshot?
    E.J.

• EJ, I've personally inspected all the records - no missing values in the dataset. Here's a screenshot:

• You can see from the icons that JASP guesses that "Altura" is a continuous variable -- hence the "density" on the y-axis; in contrast, "Religiao" is classified as a nominal variable -- hence the "frequency" on the y-axis. If you want to customize this behavior you can change the measurement level by clicking on the icons next to the column names in the data panel.
    Cheers,
    E.J.

• edited July 2018

Thanks for your input.

I'm doing a comparison of "altura" (height) among the two groups (A and B ). "Religiao" is being used as the splitting category. Supposedly, I should get the same type of plot for both groups (A and B ), right?

I've done just that on earlier versions of JASP, using this exact approach.

• edited July 2018

Attached is this same dataset, with the analysis performed on and earlier version (I can't remember which one, this was done about a year ago). You can see that I have this same analysis, with both plots resulting in a "density" y-axis.

• My bad. This appears to be a bug. I will attend the team to this. Note: for bug reports, it is easiest to use our GitHub page (https://jasp-stats.org/2018/03/29/request-feature-report-bug-jasp/).
    Cheers,
    E.J.

• edited July 2018

I'll fix this bug along with the other issue that was raised with this plot: Issue 2546

Thanks for the report!

• Awesome! TYVM! Sorry for not posting it on the github, my bad!

Cheers, you guys! Your commitment to the software is amazing!