Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Possible bug on descriptive statistics plot (JASP 0.9.2)

edited July 2 in JASP & BayesFactor

I have a file containing individual's heights. These individuals belong to two different groups (A and B ). When I enable Distribution plots using the split option (thus, creating two height distribution plots, one for group A and another for group B ), the result is the following:

Group A's plot renders the Y axis as "Density"
Group B's plot renders the Y axis as "Frequency"

Is this a bug?

Comments

• That's weird. Perhaps there is a missing value (not indicated in the missing values list) present in one of the groups? Do you have a screenshot?
    E.J.

• EJ, I've personally inspected all the records - no missing values in the dataset. Here's a screenshot:

• You can see from the icons that JASP guesses that "Altura" is a continuous variable -- hence the "density" on the y-axis; in contrast, "Religiao" is classified as a nominal variable -- hence the "frequency" on the y-axis. If you want to customize this behavior you can change the measurement level by clicking on the icons next to the column names in the data panel.
    Cheers,
    E.J.

• edited July 2

Thanks for your input.

I'm doing a comparison of "altura" (height) among the two groups (A and B ). "Religiao" is being used as the splitting category. Supposedly, I should get the same type of plot for both groups (A and B ), right?

I've done just that on earlier versions of JASP, using this exact approach.

• edited July 2

Attached is this same dataset, with the analysis performed on and earlier version (I can't remember which one, this was done about a year ago). You can see that I have this same analysis, with both plots resulting in a "density" y-axis.

• My bad. This appears to be a bug. I will attend the team to this. Note: for bug reports, it is easiest to use our GitHub page (https://jasp-stats.org/2018/03/29/request-feature-report-bug-jasp/).
    Cheers,
    E.J.

• edited July 4

I'll fix this bug along with the other issue that was raised with this plot: Issue 2546

Thanks for the report!

• Awesome! TYVM! Sorry for not posting it on the github, my bad!

Cheers, you guys! Your commitment to the software is amazing!