Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

numpy and Windows 10

Hi,

I have an experiment using the EyeLink 1000 which works perfectly on my laptop with Windows 10 but it does not work with the experimental box computer with Windows XP. The error message says that the numpy is missing. But the versions of OpenSesame are exactly the same (opensesame_3.1.2-py2.7-win32-1) so I don't understand what is the problem.

Question 1: What is the purpose of numpy? Knowing his role I can perhaps try to work around the problem.
Question 2: Does the problem come from compatibility between Windows XP and the version of OpenSesame I use?

Thank you in advance for your answers / advice !

Emilie

Comments

• Hi Emilie,

Question 1: What is the purpose of numpy? Knowing his role I can perhaps try to work around the problem.

Numpy is a generic library for numeric computing. You need it for many things.

Question 2: Does the problem come from compatibility between Windows XP and the version of OpenSesame I use?

Possibly, but it's difficult to say.

What happens if you run import numpy in the debug window? You'll probably get an error message. Could you post the full error message here?

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot