Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

SMI calibration with OpenSesame

Hi,

can someone please point me to the right direction? I'm running a multiple-object tracking experiment using OpenSesame and SMI RED250 eye-tracker. I determined the calibration method (i.e., 9 points) and point parameters (e.g., auto-accept off) through the iView X GUI. However, the calibration and validation stages ran awkwardly (see the video). I want a pause between the calibration and validation so I can see the calibration values and manually accept or reject the calibration prior to validation. Is it possible to do that?

-int

Comments

• Hi,

That should be possible. What is your current set up? Maybe you can just add a sketchpad between calibration and validation? I have never worked with SMI, so I need more information to be able to help.

Best,
    Eduard

• Hi Eduard,

thank you for your response! Currently I just use the pygaze_init item to initialise the calibration. When having that implemented, such calibration occurred. I tried to calibrate the eyetracker by adding an inline script implementing the eyetracker.connected() and eyetracker.calibrate() functions (still having the pygaze_init item and eye-tracker was already set to SMI), but it returned an error "ContextException: Unable to share contexts". Am I doing something wrong here?

Cheers,
    -int

• @Edwin Do you know exactly what you can expect with the SMI calibration? You implemented it yourself, right?

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• edited August 25

Yes, I wrote that! However, the implementation rests on SMI's API, which handles the calibration and validation animation.

The awkwardness in the linked video is the SMI API and OpenSesame handing over control over the display. Sometimes on the first run, OpenSesame does not take back control (#OSexit?). Usually it does do so the second time you run within the same session, though. I'm not sure what causes the irate behaviour.

Unfortunately, @intanwardhani, I can't tell you what causes the later Exception without further clarification. I'll need an error message at the very least.