Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Error using OpenSesame 3.2.5

Hi!

I just did the download of the new version of OpenSesame (3.2.5). I did the alterations in my project and when I tried to run the experiment, the program stopped and showed the "Oops, I did it again" message. The problem is that OpenSesame also froze and I can't scroll down or try to send the error message. What can I do to solve this?

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,

I don't know what could have caused this, but let's find out:

• Before running the experiment, make the debug window visible (Ctrl+D)
    • Run the experiment. This will probably crash as it does now, leaving the user interface deactivated.
    • In the debug window, type opensesame.enable() to reactivate the user interface. You should now be able to see the full error message and send it. Could you also post it here?

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• edited August 11

Hi Sebastiaan!

I did what you ask me to. The error message is the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libqtopensesame\qtopensesame.py", line 986, in run_experiment
        auto_response=self.experiment.auto_response)
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libqtopensesame\runners\base_runner.py", line 256, in run
        ret_val = self.execute()
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libqtopensesame\runners\external_runner.py", line 73, in execute
        if debug.enabled:
    NameError: global name 'debug' is not defined

I also tried with different archives but the same message appears.

Thank you for your help!

• Ah, I see. This is a known issue caused by the External Runner. You should be able to fix this by selecting the Multiprocess Runner under Menu → Tools → Preferences.

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot