Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Can I build experiment in OpenSesame w/ psychopy backend, and run in Psychopy?

Hello,
I am new to Open Sesame and Psychopy. I need to use Psychopy to run experiments that work with my EEG setup however I do not know Python as of yet and am feeling more comfortable with Open Sesame than Psychopy. If anyone could please let me know if it would be possible to begin building a script in Open Sesame and then if it can be opened later on in Psychopy, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,

I am afraid that is not possible. The only way to do that would require that you program your experiment entirely in an inline_script, using psychopy functions directly (i.e. import psychopy, etc...), but that is not really different than just using regular python.

On the other hand, you can create your experiment in Opensesame first, and once it works, try to incrementally replace certain parts of it with psychopy code. For example, first replace the loop table with a hand made counterbalancing, then you can replace sketchpads with drawing into psychopy windows, etc.. Does that make sense?

Finally, you could of course also try to implement your EEG setup into opensesame (which is what I do), but that might depend on your setup.

Good luck,
    Eduard