Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Networked Chat experiment

Hey all,
I am trying to build an experiment for simple chat between 2 participants.
One can be the server and other can be the client. I found some samples for OpenSesame 2 but couldn`t find enough data for version 3.2.

Are there any other person who made a similar experiment?
Regards

Comments

• edited September 7
    Hi,

Creating an experiment like that is possible, but how easy it is depends on the details. What *exactly* do you want to do? How should participants interact? And does the experiment consist only of chatting, or is this embedded in other tasks?

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastiaan,
    Thanks for the reply, actually it will be part of a larger experiment and connecting two users from separate computers will be part of the task.
    Two users, will try to complete tasks by cooperating with each other. They will be shown different inputs (images, videos or texts).
    They will communicate with each other by sending messages and try to find the answer.

Is it a bit more clear? I can give more details.
    Regards,
    NB

• Hi Newbee,

This sounds like a fairly complicated experiment. Doable, but not trivial at all. Given that you don't seem very experienced in coding, I doubt that you'll be able to implement this, not without a large amount of help (more than you'll likely get on the forum). I may be wrong, but that's the feeling I'm getting.

So how experienced are you, and do you think you'll be able to manage an experiment that will require a considerable amount of Python coding?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hello Sebastiaan,
    I am not very experienced on coding, but I found some walkaround and simplified the experiment.
    A separate application will be used for chat and Opensesame will get input from only one user, which makes things a lot easier. I will work on it and ask for support for any obstacles I met.
    Regards,
    NB