Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Create blocks in one experiment block

edited September 22 in OpenSesame

I created a block_loop in OpenSesame like this.
The block contains 168 trials and I want it to run 7 repetitions for each trial.
However, that adds up to 1176 sentence which is obviously too much for subjects to do all of them at once.
I want to randomize and split the 1176 trials into 8 blocks (each block with 147 trials).

Does anyone know how to achieve this in OpenSesame? Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

You can change the number of repetitions of the block_sequence in the experimental_loop (instead of in the block_loop item), as in the example below.

By doing so

• the experiment contains 7 blocks
    • in which each of the 168 trials is ran once
    • by inserting a sketchpad, which waits for a keypress to continue, you can give the participant a break after every block (see screenshot)

Is this what you're looking for?

By the way, I would recommend to collect participants' responses with a keypress_response item, rather than with a sketchpad item.

Cheers,

Lotje

Lotje van der Linden - http://www.cogsci.nl
    FACEBOOK

• Thanks, Lotje! It is what I wanted!

I didn't use the keypress_response because I'm doing some speech production experiment and am using OpenSesame to just present the stimuli to my subjects. My data will be collected on a different machine. The logger is just like an experiment memo that tells me which data is from which trial.