Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

var.variable_name error

When I use the var.variable_name it gives me an error saying that var doesn't exist, when it is a built-in function of OpenSesame. Please help, I'm using a Mac, maybe that's the issue.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Ilan,

Are you sure you have defined var.block_type earlier in your experiment? Can you also share a screenshot of the loop table, or where you think you defined it?

Eduard

• Hi Eduard,

I defined it on the block_list.

thanks for helping!

• Can you make sure that there is no additional whitespace in the head of the block_type column. So, e.g. block_type or block_type , rather than block_type?

• So, it didn't have whitespace, I added one though and started to work. But I re-opened the file and is not working again, with or without white space.

• Can you share your experiment?

Eduard

• You have an error in line 11 of draw_stimulus (words = [["RED","red"]["GREEN","green"]["BLUE","blue"]], this is not how you separate items in a list), but current_block_type = var.block_type works as it should, no problem there. So, I guess that's good news...

• So im missing some package of something if I have that previous error=

• Well, I can't say no as I don't have access to a Mac right now, but I'd very very surprised if this is really a mac specific issue. Could you try to create a new variable `blockType or whatever in a new column and use that one? Does the problem persist.

• The problem persists... :(