Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Assign a color to a stimulus

Hi everyone,

I'm actually designing a visual search experiment. I'm a beginner with all of this. In my experiment I have two stimuli. On a sketchpad I've wrote [stim1] and [stim2] and then I've defined the factorial plan (4X4) in the block loop. I've used "shuffle_horiz stim1 stim2" in the script to randomize the location.

This is where it becomes more tricky for me. I want [stim2] to be in red or have a different size than [stim1]. When I change the color of [stim2] on the sketchpad, the color isn't assign to [stim2] but rather to the location of it. So [stim1] is red when it is at the location of [stim2]. Is there a way to assign the color only to [stim2] ?
The same is true for the size....It is assigned to the location rather than to [stim2]..

Thank you for your help,

Yovan

Comments

• edited September 25

Hi Yovan,
    I imagine you defined the stims in a loop. Stimuli (stim1, stim2)
    Probably you just need a second variable called Color, with the values of your colors (green, red).

If you wrote a script this may help:

if var.Stimuli == 'stim1':
       var.Color == 'red'
    elif var.Stimuli == 'stim2':
       var.Color == 'green'

Then assign the variables to the sketchpad.
    Maybe this helps
    Stephan

• Hi,

Thank you for you reply ! I didn't wirte any script. I entered stim1 and stim2 in the factorial plan to generate the trials.
    When I enter a variable "color", I think it is assigned to stim1 and stim2. Aside from writing a script, is there anything else I can do ?

Thank you,

Yovan

• Hi Yovan,
    as I said: define your variables (stimuli, color, size) in a loop. Loops are very powerfull :)
    Cheers
    Stephan