Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Sound files not playing

Hi,

I'm using OpenSesame 3.2.5 on an Acer Swift SF113-31 running Windows 10 Pro.

I am having issues getting OpenSesame to play my sound files. The files have been ripped to .wav-files from a cd, but when I try to play them in OpenSesame, I only hear a short popping sound and then it moves on.

I have tried converting the files to .ogg-files but the problem stayed the same. Then when I tried using files recorded on a smartphone, the problem was gone and the files would play. I don't know if it has something to do with the files being ripped wrong? They play as they should in Windows Media Player or VLC, but just not in OpenSesame. I am missing something obvious?

I hope you can help me.

Comments

• Hi Charlotte,

By default, OpenSesame assumes that the wav files are stereo, 48 Khz, with 16 bits signed integers. If they aren't (and that's not always obvious), you won't get an error message but either a distorted sound or a clicky noise. So I imagine that's it. With a free tool like Audacity, it's quite easy to save the sound files in a specific format.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

Thanked by 1Charlotte1990

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot