Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Mouse and foot pedal response set up

Hi everyone!!!

I’m building a visual experiment in which participants see a series of pictures.
In every single trial, I deliver a tactile input to the subject when the visual stimulus is located in different spatial points. In every trial, the task is to respond as fast as possible by pressing a mouse OR foot pedal.
So, the questions are:
1. Is it possible to program an experiment with both hand & foot pedal set up?
2. If the dual setup is possible, do I use mouse_response for the hand and joystick_response for the foot? Or both using mouse_response?

Please advice.

Thanks
Isak

Comments

• Hi Isak,

This should be doable, but how depends on the device. More specifically, how do they connect to the computer? It could be, for example, that they work just like a keyboard, in which case you can use a keyboard_response, or that they work just like a joystick, in which you can use a joystick_response. Or perhaps they require some custom Python code.

Because these are non-standard devices, this entirely depends on how they have been designed. So I would start by figuring out how the devices work, and then see how you can apply this in OpenSesame!

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot