Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Space after ESC does not always work

Dear OS team,
i do not know why my participants like to press Esc so often. :#
Anyway, if they do, it is oftentimes not possible to continue with the space bar. Sometimes it takes some time (more than 30sec) to continue, in other cases it just hangs up. In the latter case, it is not even possible to quit with 'Q' anymore. I then have to quit with the task manager.
I just wanted to report that :p
Stephan

Comments

• Hi Stephan, with which version does that happen? If you can get into the task manager, and can access the actual experiment (not the running window), you can also press the abort Experiment button. At least, you don't have to restart Opensesame then.

• Hi Stephan,

I think what happens is that the experiment does continue after pressing the space bar, but the window isn't refreshed to reflect this. So then you can get in the situation that the experiment is waiting for a response (without indicating this visually) and therefore seems to block. Does that make sense?

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

Thanked by 1DahmSF

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• @sebastiaan , that does make sense. But shouldn't the 'press Q to quit' information disappear when pressing the space bar?
    @eduard : i am using the actual version 3.2.5. And yes i often used the abort button already :smile:

• But shouldn't the 'press Q to quit' information disappear when pressing the space bar?

Good point

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot