Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Two Colours In One HTML Text String

edited November 2018 in OpenSesame

Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding two different font colours in one line of text. Currently the script is:

draw textline center=1 color=black font_bold=no font_family=mono font_italic=no font_size=32 html=yes show_if=always text="[hint_word] - [code_word]" x=-128 y=0 z_index=0

This displays

[hint_word] - [code_word] on the screen. (The actual words are read in from an excel file).

However I need the hint_word to be black and the code_word to be a different colour. I have tried doing what many have suggested in various stack exchange posts for HTML, but I am having trouble translating that into OS.

Cheers,
Liam

Comments

• Hi Liam,

The easiest way to do this is by using a span tag around the words that you want to color, and then assign a special style to them. Like so:

<span style=color:red;>red text</span> and <span style=color:green;>green text</span>

This is regular HTML, but as of OpenSesame 3.2 this will work also in sketchpad items.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastiaan,

Thank you very much! Working like a charm!