Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Tutorial on quest_staircase?

Dear friends,

I am attempting to build a psychophysics experiment using the quest_staircase plugin. I have built the experiment using the yes/no detection method or using the forced choice (noise vs. noise+signal trials) method. But the quest_staircase doesn't seem to work straight out of the box either way. I am not experienced in psychophysics and could benefit hugely from some examples. Is there a tutorial on how to use this plugin in opensesame (e.g., on how to set the parameters to begin with)? I can't find any on the website.

Many thanks for your help,
Bo

Comments

• Hi Bo,

the plugin was built for a much older version of Opensesame and i am afraid it isn't compatible with the current version of Opensesame anymore. If you really want to use that plugin, it might be an option to use an older version of Opensesame (2.9 or older, I think), but of course this comes with the disadvantage that you have a worse version of the software. So probably it makes more sense to implement the staircase yourself. Maybe this tutorial in psychopy helps you with that (note, you can directly import and use psychopy functions in opensesame in inline_scripts)

Eduard