Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Collecting text resposes

Hi,

I am trying to program a (relatively) simple 'testing effect' experiment for use in a practical class.

The idea is that Ps first learn the definitions of some Mandarin characters during a study phase and then have to type in the definitions in the test phase.

I have used a form_text_input to collect the typed-in response, and can even get the program to display immediate feedback (correct or error) within a trial. However, I can't seem to get it to calculate error percentages for feedback at the end of the block. I have a feeling that I am missing something really obvious because I am quite new to OpenSesame.

I have another issue with logging the data, but I think that I might be able to resolve that if I can understand why my block-end feedback doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi,

However, I can't seem to get it to calculate error percentages for feedback at the end of the block. I have a feeling that I am missing something really obvious because I am quite new to OpenSesame.

Without more information it's difficult to say what's wrong. Could you describe in more detail exactly what you want to do, what you've tried so far, and in what sense it doesn't work as you'd like it to? Attaching the experiment itself to this discussion would also be helpful.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot