Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

How to display multiple white spaces in sketchpad in opensesame?

Hi,

I want to create a moving word effect for a self paced reading test. User will press a key to proceed to the next word in a sentence. To make the moving effect of each word, I can replace every characters in previous words by the underline character '_'. I cannot make this effect by replacing previous words by multiple white space characters ' ' since multiple consecutive white space characters in the string will be eliminated.

How can I displace multiple white spaces before/after/between words in sketchpad in opensesame?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Hi James,

To force a white space, you can use   (non-breaking space), which is the HTML representation of a space. Like so:

x x  x   x

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastiaan,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have decided that using the underline character '_' creates better effect for my experiment. But it is helful to know that I can use HTML character like that. There are lots of features of Opensesame that I need to learn.

Thank you again ^.^