Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

eyetracking experiment crashes

edited November 30 in PyGaze

Hi, everyone!
Could you help me with issue on eye-tracking experiment? The experiment crashes when it comes to pygaze start_recording functions, a log form the console is provided below (and it suggested to write on the forum:D). We use Eyelink 1000 plus and in dummy mode the experiment runs fine.
Thanks a lot for any help!

Python 2.7.13

• Type "help()", "copyright()", "credits()" or "license()" for more information.
  • Use the "print([msg])" function in inline_script items to print to this debug window.
  • Inspect inline_script variables when an experiment is finished.

Starting experiment as ExperimentProcess-1
Expyriment 0.9.1b2-11-gc100ee8 (Python 2.7.13)
Scripts\safelaunch-opensesame.py
openexp.sampler._legacy.init_sound(): sampling freq = 48000, buffer size = 1024
experiment.run(): experiment started at Fri Nov 23 19:42:58 2018
experiment.run(): disabling garbage collection
starting recording ...
returned 0
Start realtime mode ...
Wait for block start ...
done ...
status message: start_exp
stopping recording ...
done ...
libeyelink.libeyelink.close(): Closing data file
libeyelink.libeyelink.close(): Transferring quickrun.edf to C:/Users/Display/Desktop/Liya/4 ??????\quickrun.edf

Python seems to have crashed. This should not happen. If Python crashes often, please report it on the OpenSesame forum.

item-stack:
time: Fri Nov 23 19:44:06 2018

Comments

• Hi Liya,

Oddly, your output suggests that actually things are going fine. The start_recording function is run, says it returned 0 (suggests no errors in starting the recording), then starts realtime mode fine, then successfully waits for the 'block start'. All of this seems didn't return any errors, which means the communication with the EyeLink is running fine.

After that, it seems your experiment tries to set the status message on the EyeLink PC. After that you either close the connection, or the experiment crashed and therefore the connection closed.

So, it seems from the info we have here that the start_recording worked fine, and that your crash occurred in status_message or in some other place that isn't in the output.

What exactly is it that you are doing?

Cheers,
    Edwin

• Hi Edwin,
    thank you for the comment! Yes, looks like something alike crash occurs. On the EyeLink PC the tracker program also closes down after this error, I used OpenSesame in another experiment with the same eyetracker and there was nothing like that. I'm not sure about, but seems like it happens with message within function "start_recording". There are messages in this experiment, which is sent by pygaze_log function, but seems like the experiment crashes before it has come to them
    I've attached the experiment. Could you take a look at it, please? I'll be very grateful for any ideas about a source of the problem or suggestions about things that could be tested to figure out what's going on.
    Thank you!