Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

number pad on keyboard not working

Hi,

First off, thank you for the software!
I am creating an experiment where subjects have to input numbers in a form_base ( text input using digit validation).
Using psychopy as back-end however, the number pad on the keyboard does not work.

It does seem to work using the legacy backend, but here I cannot seem to figure out how to get my experiment on the second screen. If possible, I would like to stick to psychopy as I know my auditory stimuli are as they should be here.

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Thank you!
Lizette

Comments

• Hi Lizette,

My hunch is that the keycode is not treated properly. Can you maybe just print out the keys that you are pressing to the debug window (without any processing of the keys)? I'd be surprised if Opensesame doesn't register them altogether.

Eduard

• Hi!

Is there a specific way how I can make all key-presses show up in the debug window? Sorry google didn't help me here.. Thus far it only shows general info on the study and a canvas.show warning on how long it took.

However, I think you might be right, after trying again I noticed that keys 4 and 6 of the number pad seem to act like the left and right arrow keys.

Lizette

• Hi Lizette,

You can use inline_scripts and can print to the debug window by using the print command:

print(var.response)
    # or more generally:
    print(<variable_name>)

For sake of simplicity, I attach a script that prints the keypresses onto the canvas. So you can try whether the numpad does actually work.

Eduard