Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Finish calibration and validation all at once with animation in Tobii.

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to accomplish calibration and validation all at once with large-to-small animation?

Right now there are two separate parts with a large and small dot, however, children are easy to lose interest during calibration and validation.

Am I clear about myself? I appreciate any information.

Cheers,
GE

Comments

• Hi GE,

I'm not really sure what you mean with 'with large-to-small animation'? Generally, I think it will be difficult to combine calibration and validation in the same display. If you want to keep your kids entertained, maybe you can use different stimuli for calibration and validation? There are some discussion in the forum that include code to make that work.

Does that help?

Eduard

• Hi @eduard,

Thank you for your response!

I mentioned 'large-to-small animation' because I know that in Tobii Prolab the calibration point is an animation( a point getting smaller), and there is not a validation. Hope you can understand my English :D

Yes, I am using pictures for calibration and validation right now (I changed the code in libtobii.py). And there is another question, I found that when calibration is unsuccessful eye tracking data will not be logged. What can I do to fix this?

Cheers,
    GE

• Hi,

Maybe I am missing something, but can't you just recalibrate in that case?

Eduard