Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Import Error when Trying to Read xlsx File into OpenSesame

Hello,

I am receiving the following error when trying to read data from an xlsx file into OpenSesame:

File "/Applications/OpenSesame.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/site-packages/datamatrix/io/_excel.py", line 55, in readxlsx
from openpyxl import load_workbook
ImportError: No module named openpyxl

I checked that the openpyxl package was installed in python and that it was up to date. I am using the backend xpyriment and running on Mojave.

Any help greatly appreciated, relatively new to the programming world so I apologize if my terminology is not quite correct!

Comments

• Hi,

Do you mean the error occurs if you select File as Source in a loop item? Or are you manually trying to import openpyxl in an inline_script?

Either way, maybe it helps if you update the datamatrix via pip in the debug window: The procedure is described here:

https://osdoc.cogsci.nl/3.2/manual/environment/#upgrading

Eduard

• Hi,

Thanks for your response. I updated using the pip command although it seems like I am having some sort of malfunction with python within the program.

I moved over to a different machine with a different version of OpenSesame on it for now!