Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Video plugin not appearing

edited February 7 in OpenSesame

I am using Opensesame 3.0 (my experiment does not run on the newest version) on ubuntu 16.04, and VLC media player 2.2.2.
I downloaded the media_player_vlc and media_player_mpy plugins using pip install (per the instructions on https://osdoc.cogsci.nl/3.2/manual/environment/). I've tried restarting both the program and my computer after installation, but the icons don't load onto the OpenSesame toolbar for me to use the plugin.

They are currently located in /home/[username]/.local/share/opensesame_plugins, but I noticed in the plug-in extension manager in Opensesame itself that plugins are found in /usr/share/opensesame/plugins. However, I can't drag the media_player_mpy or media_player_vlc folders into that folder. I tried to pip install them into the /usr/share/opensesame/plugins using the terminal. Even though it said that the download was successful, they don't appear in the folder.

I would appreciate any guidance. Thank you :)

Comments

• Hi peapod,
    Installation of plugins has become much simpler. For many of them, there is a package on pip available.
    media_player_mpy for instance can be installed by

pip install opensesame-plugin-media_player_mpy

I wonder why your experiment doesn't work on the newer version of OpenSesame. Every version in the 3.x branch should be backward compatible, so this shouldn't give you any trouble.