Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

No more than two items per side (I can't use a constrain bc every item is randomly selected)

Hello,

So I have a paradigm where three items are presented one is presented to the left, one is presented to the right and one is presented on the top. If the top item is the same as the right item than the participant should click on the right item. If the top card is the same as the left item than the participant should click on the left item. So the correct answer is to click on the bottom right when the top card (target) is the same as the bottom right card and the correct answer is to click on the bottom left card when the top card (target) is the same as the bottom left card. I have the paradigm working nicely. Every item is shuffled so the item that is on the right and left is selected randomly and the item that is shown on the top is selected randomly. This is great and how I want it, except that I can't control for the fact that the correct answer could end up on the same side several times in a row. I would like to make it so the correct answer does not end up on the right side more than twice in a row and the same for the left side. I have attached the experiment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Mollie

Comments

• Hi Mollie,
    Do you still need help with this question, or has it been solved in the other discussion you had with Sebastiaan?

Eduard

• Hi Eduard,

I would still love help with this problem if you could help!

Thank you so much,

Mollie