Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Difficulty choosing the duration of word's presentation

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble with OpenSesame.
In my experience, I present lists of words to learn, each word is preceded by a sound, and there is an interferent task before the reminder. I would like to present the words for exactly 2 seconds, but I can not do it. I tried notifying "2000" in the word's sketchpad, as well as adding a column in the loop with the durations indicated, but also adding coroutines. None of these methods worked.
I put a screenshot to show you the progress of my experience. There is a preparation phase to become familiar with the study before the real task.
Would you have another solution to make sure that words are presented for exactly 2 seconds?
Thank you very much for your answer to my problem !

Comments

• Hi Lea,

What is the problem? Are the words not showing at all or are they presented for longer/shorter than 2 seconds?

Eduard

Thanked by 1LeaMz69
  • Hello, thanks very much for answering my question.
    The problem was that words were presented for longer than 2 seconds.

But I thought about it with my colleagues, and we found a solution !
    Indeed, we tried to select the back-end "legacy" in the tab "new experiment" of OpenSesame. And this method works, there is no more difficulty with the presentation of words. They stay during the 2 seconds !

I'm sorry for bothering you and thanks again for your answer !

Lea