Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Another Mojave problem - slow startup/access to internet

I realize there are already some bug/quirk reports on Mojave. But I think this one is slightly different.

Starting up OpenSesame takes ~5 minutes with my computer being generally frozen. After that I get a warning that OpensSesame could not check for updates, and asking whether I am connected to internet (I am). This happens on different networks, so I doubt it's a connection problem. I also tried rebooting my system but that didn't help. I also get long delays when clicking on a help button that leads to opening a youtube video.

After this slow startup, OpenSesame works well and smoothly, so I don't think that it has much to do with OpenGL -Daniel's suspicion about the culprit for Mojave-related problems.

Elisa

Comments

• Hi Elisa,

Thanks for reporting this. Although patience is a virtue, 5 minutes seems a bit much. I suspect that the OpenScienceFramework extension is blocking things. Does the issue go away if you disable the extension under Menu → Tools → Plug-in and Extension Manager?

And are you using a proxy server by any chance?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

(Ping @Daniel)

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Sorry for the delay, I just checked and disabling the OSF extension didn't solve the issue. Not using any proxy.

Thanks

Elisa

• Hi Elisa,

Have you already managed to fix that problem?

Eduard