Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

replay

Hello,

I am trying to create the auditory emotional valence rating task. How can I let my participant replay the auditory stimuli if they want to?

Thanks,

Sunyoung

Comments

• Hi Sunyoung,

The details of course depend on how your experiment works. But in very general terms, you could take a look at the repeat_cycle item, which allows you to repeat a cycle from a loop whenever a particular criterion is met, such as when the participant has given a particular response.

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

• Hello Sebastiaan,

Thank you for your response.

I've tried the repeat cycle, but I might have put it in a wrong place. Sometime the word is replayed, but sometime is not.

Best,

Sunyoung

• > I've tried the repeat cycle, but I might have put it in a wrong place. Sometime the word is replayed, but sometime is not.

Well, time for a little debugging then! 😃 I don't think you need my help to figure this out (and in any case I cannot tell from your description) if you carefully check a few things to pinpoint the issue:

• When exactly is the word replayed, and when is it not?
    • If you look in the variable inspector, what happens to the replay_response variable?
  • Hello Sebastiaan,

• I test it with two trials (e.g., trial A and trial B). As the result:

Trial A is never repeated.

When trial A appears first and then trial B appears, trial B can be repeated.

When trial B appears first, the repeat button just leads to the end of experiment, skipping trial A.

• the replay_response variable says yes for the value in the variable inspector.

Thank you!