Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Loop - having the first call fixed, subsequent calls in random

My title might be a little confusing, but I did't know how to phrase any better.

I'm programming a memory experiment and I want my primacy words to be the same for all participants, however, all subsequent words should appear in randomized order. I have my list of words in a loop and order set to random. However, I would like to present to all subjects the same primacy words. Is there any way to do this without creating a seperate loop structure for my primacy words???

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this question has already been answered!

Best regards,

Florian

Comments

• Hi Florian,

That's an interesting scenario.

>  Is there any way to do this without creating a seperate loop structure for my primacy words???

My first suggestion would be to do exactly that: Create a separate loop for the primacy words (with only 1 cycle) and for the non-primacy words, and then use the same sequence inside both loops (i.e. linked copies). I suppose there are other ways to accomplish the same thing, but I don't see the advantage of doing that. Why wouldn't this solution be acceptable?

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastiann,

thanks for your answer. I was just interested whether there was a more easy way to do it, but I hadn't thought about linked copies before.

Cheers!

Florian