Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Adding variables and defining variables

edited March 22 in OpenSesame

Hi, 

I am creating a facial perception task/experiment and am having issues with defining my variables and stimuli.

My experiment has: 2 IVS are race and emotion/expression. 

I have four sets of images: (1) Neutral Asian; (2) Angry Asian (3) Neutral White (4) Angry White, which I have added to my file pool.

In my experiment, I want to show mages in pairs, each on a separate sketchpad so participants should see: 

1) Neutral Asian and Neutral Asian

2) Angry Asian and Neutral Asian

3) Neutral White and Neutral White

4) Angry White and Neutral White

At the moment, the way the images are defined doesn't allow me to distinguish between the different races? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Comments

• edited March 24

Hi Halle7490,

Could you post a screen-shoot of the Practice_1 Sequence? OR maybe upload the entire OpenSesame file?

Thanks,

Boo.

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have added a screenshot. I did try uploading the file but get an error message with the code 400.

Best,

Halle

• Hi,

At the moment, the way the images are defined doesn't allow me to distinguish between the different races? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

What do you mean with that? As far as I can see the variable `race` is distinguishing the races, no? Maybe you could clarify what exactly it is that you want.

Eduard

• Hi,

I finally managed to sort it out.

Thank you anyway.