Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Replay button sound in OpenSesame form and activation of the form after playing sound

Hi everyone,

I am creating a questionnaire for my PhD study. My questionnaire is simple: the participant play the audio, give a mark to the audio (mark from 1 to 5) and write some comments about the audio. My questionnaire looks like:

but I have some problems:

1/ My audio is playing if you click at image_button in the middle of screen or if you click at Next_button at the bottom of screen. I would like that the audio is played just only if you clicked at image_button.

2/ My audio is played just once but I would like that it can be played every time when the participant click on image_button. I would like that the sound could be played five times at most.

3/ When my audio is playing or have been played, it is impossible to fill in questionnaire. I would like that the participant can fill in questionnaire during the audio is playing or after the audio is played.

How can I do these things?

Thank you a lot!

There is my questionnaire's script

Comments

• Hi Libgvi,

That's an interesting scenario. It's actually quite easy to implement everything that you want.

> My audio is playing if you click at image_button in the middle of screen or if you click at Next_button at the bottom of screen. I would like that the audio is played just only if you clicked at image_button.

You can assign a variable to the image_button with the var keyword:

widget 0 1 1 1 image_button adjust=yes frame=no path="bouton_son3.png" var=play_sound

And then you can use the following run-if statement for the sampler to play a sound only if that button was clicked: [play_sound] = yes

See also:

> My audio is played just once but I would like that it can be played every time when the participant click on image_button. I would like that the sound could be played five times at most.

You can set the repeat value of the question_loop to 5, and then break the loop when a sound has not been played with the following break-if statement: [play_sound] = no

> When my audio is playing or have been played, it is impossible to fill in questionnaire. I would like that the participant can fill in questionnaire during the audio is playing or after the audio is played.

Just set the duration of the sampler to 0!

For a simple example, see:

Cheers,

Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Great, thank you, Sebastiaan!!