Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

How to represent different repeated measure in the same Box Plot graph

Hello,

How can I represent in the same box-plot graph the boxes of the different variables in the same graph rather than several graphs, one for each of the measures.

Thanks by advance for your help.

Comments

• Let me check, but I think you only get them in a single plot if you have all values in a single column and then use the "split by" option (that points to another column that indicates the variables)

E.J.

• In the present case I haven't any between group. Only one group and several repeated measures ...

• And you want box plots for every repetition, right? So then you need a column that lists the that information. For instance:

repetition RT

1 550

1 645

2 440

etc

Then you do "split" by repetition.

• I' m not sure I made it clear.

For instance if I have 40 participants who have completed a test in 3 conditions (A, B & C), rather than having a box plot for each condition separately, in some cases it may be useful to have all 3 conditions on the same graph with the 3 box plots.

• Yes. So then you need a column that codes the condition (A, B, or C) so that you can do "split" by condition. The data file would look like this:

part.nr. DV condition

1 350 A

1 450 B

1 457 C

2 345 A

etc

You would then create a boxplot for "DV" that is "split" according to "condition". Please let me know if I am missing something

Cheers,

E.J.

• I'm sorry, but I still have not figured it out!

Would you please show me the process on these fictive data??

Here the .jasp file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/1h5u8m8dhqqt918/datajasp.jasp?dl=0

En attach the .csv data

Manay thanks for you help?