Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

osweb on qualtrics

Hi all,

We've run into a few issues trying to make our task work on OSweb via Qualtrics (https://rug.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0kSp2vJjDrI1WhD)

1) participants are automatically asked for the Subject ID. Is there a way to remove this option?

2) the task does not open in full screen

3) when "q" is pressed, the task freezes and does not continue.

I've attached a screenshot of each of these below.

I've also attached the osexp file. 

It would be great if you could help us out with this!

Comments

• Hi Susie,

For me, the task does not launch at all. There seems to be some kind of security restriction that prevents external sources from being loaded. Disclaimer: Embedding OSWeb into Qualtrics is *not* something that we support. It's technically possible )and @jbos would be able to tell you all about it), but the problems that you're facing strike me as all being related to this.

> 1) participants are automatically asked for the Subject ID. Is there a way to remove this option?

Normally, OSWeb randomly selects one of several possible subject numbers (i.e. without asking). If it asks for a subject id in this case, that's probably related to the Qualtrics link.

> 2) the task does not open in full screen

The OSWeb extension has an option to run the experiment fullscreen. If this doesn't work in this case, that's again probably related to the Qualtrics link.

> 3) when "q" is pressed, the task freezes and does not continue.

Since I cannot launch the task, I'm not sure why that might be :-)

Is it necessary for you to embed the experiment in Qualtrics, for example because you're also collecting extensive questionnaire data? If not, then my recommendation would be to go with the supported route, i.e. using Jatos and the latest version of OSWeb.

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot