Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Register multiple keyboard responses while playing video

Hi,

I can't seem to find the way I could collect multiple keyboard responses (with one line per keyboard response in the csv. file); while playing a video.

Concretely, a video will run and multiple visual stimuli will be shown simultaneously. The participants have to respond for one specific visual stimuli, which will appear multiple times during video. I need the Response time for each time they press the space bar. It can count the response time from the begin of the video or from the previous keyboard response, it doesn't matter as long as I can calculate how much time they took to answer, for each stimuli separately.

Can someone tell me how to organise the items in order to do that?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Hi,

Can you start the video, and after that add a loop/sequence construct that repeatedly loops a keyboard response item and a logger. Also, don't forget to define a break criterion that the loop will be terminated, once the video is over.

Hope this helps,

Eduard

• Hi,

I am a beginner in OpenSesame, can you tell me which criterion I have to write to define that the video has to stop after 20seconds?

Thank you very much!

• Hi Ewilan.

First start a timer before the video starts playing.

start_time = clock.time()

Then start the video and continue in the experiment sequence. ( I think that should be possible, but I am not sure honestly)

Right after the video, put another inline_script in the sequence and sleep there for 20 seconds.

clock.sleep (clock.time()-start_time)

Does that make sense?

Eduard