Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Hebrew

Hi! Sorry if my question is too apparent.

I'm trying to adapt the Stroop test I found on the OS website to Hebrew, but I ran into a problem when I tried to change the 'word' variable to Hebrew. When I do that, the Hebrew letters appear as squares when I try to run the experiment.

As per the recommendations I found on the forum about the use of Hebrew in OS, I used OS 2.8 on Windows 10, I've enabled bidirectional text support and changed the font family to Hebrew. The Hebrew text appears as it is supposed to in Sketchpad.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or to go around it?

Comments

• Hi Natalia,

If there's no other reason to use 2.8 (which is very old!), then I would upgrade to OpenSesame 3.2. You will find that Hebrew is now rendered without any issue, just as you'd expect it to, and life will suddenly be much better!

Cheers,

Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastian! It works now, thank you!

Natalia

• Good to hear!

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot